Who we are
GrowSumo is a venture backed startup based in Toronto that graduated from Y Combinator, the business incubator that invested in Dropbox, Reddit, and Airbnb.
Our mission is to build the world's largest sales team. We enable companies to build, manage, and scale their reseller, partner, and community programs. Companies like Intuit, Evernote, and Chargeback leverage GrowSumo to work alongside and reward advocates and commercial resellers like Visa, Bank of America, and Authorize.net.
GrowSumo is hiring a Finance Manager who can manage our outsourced accounting and bookkeeping, work with the executive team to create and model financial plans, track progress against those plans, set and track KPIs, support the CEO in raising the next round of financing, conduct financial analysis and sensitivity analysis, and help to lead the thinking in optimizing the allocation of financial resources. You’ll play an important role in designing new processes and taking on big challenges as our business grows.
What you will do:
- Build financial models.
- Create financial reports and deliver insights (LTV, CPA, and KPIs).
- Create and manage reconciliation processes.
- Build and manage budgets.
- Manage outsourced accounting partners, bookkeepers, and monthly close.
- Manage annual audit and tax.
- Respond to investor reporting and diligence requests.
- Set and track KPIs
- Be a thought-partner to the CEO in the allocation of financial resources
What you will bring:
- Organized, independent self-starter not afraid of diving into complex problems.
- Superior analytical and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of accounting and financing experience.
- Expert Excel skills with a love of spreadsheets and financial modelling.
- Experience at a high-growth startup preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL a plus.